Friday, February 12, 2010

Sey One Fundraiser/Art Auction


A few years back I went to chill at 5 Pointz for Old Timer's Day. Amongst all the writers I met & reconnected with I noticed
an older tough looking, bearded, gentleman painting a piece on the back wall of the parking lot. I was told "That's Sey One, brother comes all the way from Pennsylvania to paint" I thought to myself, now that's dedication and love for art.
What made him inspiring to me, & probably many others, is not only does he make the trip from PA practically every week to 5 Pointz in Long Island City in Queens, NY, he paints from his wheelchair. He has a certain quiet toughness about him, he gets in that zone, the hours of sillence, let alone the sound of spraypaint cans spraying and rattling occasionally. Like I said...that's LOVE for the art.

I have yet to be introduced to him, but I consider him a brother in art, a cool dude doing his thing just like most artists
who paint at 5Pointz.

A fundraiser art show & auction will be held for the increasing costs of Sey's medical needs on Wednesday, Februaury 17th from 7pm-10pm at:

Session 73
1359 First Ave. (corner of 73rd)
NYC
(click on flyer above)

I plan to attend & show support for Sey, and maybe someone will introduce me to this inspiring man, Sey One.
I hope you will too. Please spread the word. Thanks. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment