Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rest In Peace, king of style.... Case/Kase2


We lost an art legend this past weekend.
Jeff "Case/Kase 2" Brown passed away after
battling lung cancer, he was only 53.

Although I never met Case, his face & work
are engrained in my as well as many of our minds,
thanks to reading "Subway Art" and/or seeing
"Style Wars" where he said said the infamous
"The king of what? The king of styyyyyyle..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd_pkb5tkn8

Two weeks ago, while I was at the Usual Suspects 2 show opening
at Urban Folk Art Gallery in Brooklyn, I wished I'd been there
a few months earlier after seeing that Case had checked out a
show there.

He's part of group of iconic artists that we saw as kids, that
influence the creative vision & styles in paintings we create today
and in the future.

Rest in peace, king of style, Case/Kase 2...you will not be forgotten....

photo: Martha Cooper
video: Tony Silver/Henry Chalfant





No comments:

Post a Comment